COVID-19 + Flu PCR Test (At-Home Collection Kit)
If you have symptoms or a known recent exposure and need testing immediately, Labcorp COVID-19 PCR testing is available through pharmacy drive-thrus, urgent care centers, and healthcare providers.
We will only accept COVID-19 + Flu samples that are shipped back Monday-Friday. Collect and ship your sample the same day. Please check with your local FedEx to ensure your sample ships same day. Samples received on weekends may be rejected.
Our labs will continue to process samples seven days a week. Check with your local FedEx for pick up and drop off locations.
If you are unable to get a test and have symptoms or a known recent exposure, Labcorp COVID-19 PCR testing is also available through pharmacy drive-thrus, urgent care centers, and healthcare providers.
* Pixel by Labcorp’s combined home collection kit for COVID-19 and influenza A/B has not been FDA cleared or approved and has been authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, influenza A and/or influenza B, not for any other viruses or pathogens. The test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner. Please see the Patient Fact Sheet and the Health Care Provider Fact Sheet for additional information.
About Our COVID-19 PCR Test
Behind the science
Our Test Detects Known Variants
We have been regularly tracking variants of the virus throughout the pandemic to provide information to the CDC. The sensitivity of our PCR test is not impacted by the following known variants.
Alpha (B.1.1.7, Q.1-Q.8)
Beta (B.1.351, B.1.351.2, B.1.351.3)
Gamma (P.1, P.1.1, P.1.2)
*The variant information will not be included in your results report. For a full list of variants detected by the Labcorp PCR test, visit Labcorp.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the COVID-19 + Flu test cost?
The Labcorp OnDemand COVID-19 + Flu test is available for $0 upfront cost if the test taker meets one of more of the following clinical guidelines for COVID-19 testing:
- You are experiencing mild symptoms
- You have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- You live or work in a congregate setting
- You have been asked to get tested by a healthcare professional, contact investigator, or public health department.
The test costs $169 if you do not meet the above clinical guidelines but would like to get tested for peace of mind, travel, screening for work or school, or other activities.
What type of test is this?
The Labcorp OnDemand COVID-19 + Flu home collection kit is an NAAT test, also known as an RT-PCR test. PCR tests are considered the gold standard by the CDC for diagnosing COVID-19 because of their sensitiviy and specificity. This test checks for genetic material produced by viruses that cause different respiratory infections, including SARS-CoV-2, influenza A, and influenza B. This test will determine if you are currently infected with any of these viruses.
Please note: The test may not detect the virus, and may deliver a false negative (a negative result although you are infected) if you've had recent exposure to the virus and are in the early stages of infection. In addition, the test may not detect the virus if there was a problem with your sample, such as when the sample is not collected and returned as directed
Who should consider taking this test?
This test is available for ages 2 and older.
COVID-19 and the Flu often share similar symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, muscle and body aches, fatigue, and shortness of breath. If you have cold-like symptoms, you can test for multiple viruses with this comprehensive test instead of one. You will find out if you are currently infected with COVID-19, influenza A, or influenza B, allowing you to stay home and avoid possibly infecting others and seek the most appropriate treatment.
You should not get this test if you:
- Currently have severe symptoms that limit your daily activities. Seek medical attention right away if this is the case.
- You've tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 3 months. Speak with your healthcare provider prior to getting tested.
What will my results tell me?
Your results will tell you whether SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19), influenza A, or influenza B were detected in your sample. Please note, regardless of results, if you are experiencing severe difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, continuous pain or pressure in the chest, new onset of mental confusion, bluish lips or face, or any other emergency signs or symptoms, please seek immediate medical care.
After receiving your results, you will have the opportunity to speak with a licensed physician who can answer any questions you may have about your test results and help determine next steps in care.
How long does it take to get test results back?
Currently the average time to deliver results is 1-2 days from when your sample is received at the lab. Our labs process samples seven days a week. Check with your local FedEx for pick up and drop off schedules.
Is it painful to collect the nasal swab sample?
Sample collection is quick and easy. The kit includes a short nasal swab that is inserted into the lower nostril, reducing the discomfort associated with longer nasopharyngeal swabs.
Where can I find out more?
Check out our COVID-19 FAQs for more information.
You can also find out more at the links below:
COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Infection with the virus can range from being asymptomatic to life-threatening respiratory illness. Infection has been detected globally and in all 50 states. Symptoms associated with COVID-19 include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell.
COVID-19 can present with severe illness in individuals of any age and without any previous health problems, but the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 increases with age, with older adults at highest risk. Having underlying medical conditions may also increase one’s risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Conditions and other risk factors that may be associated with severe illness and death are listed below.
If you have any symptoms concerning for COVID-19 and any of the following conditions or risk factors, which may put you at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, you should consult with your healthcare provider before using this test:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
- Serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Regardless of your risk status, if you are experiencing any of the following emergency warning signs for COVID-19, it is recommended that you immediately seek emergency care:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake up or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
How To Get This Test
1. Purchase your kit
Shop for at-home collection kits and pay online. Kits typically ship within 1-2 business days. An independent physician will review and approve your test requests; no doctor’s visit is required.
2. Register your kit and collect your sample
After you receive your kit, you can register it on the Pixel by Labcorp website. Follow the instructions provided to collect your sample, then mail your kit back to the lab using the pre-addresed and pre-paid mailing label.
3. Access your results online
View your easy-to-read results online in your Labcorp OnDemand account. For certain results that require prompt attention, you will also be contacted by PWN health via phone or mail.
Getting My Results
We've made getting your results easier and more convenient than ever. View your easy-to-read results online in your Pixel by Labcorp account. For certain results that require prompt attention, you will also be contacted by phone or mail. To view a sample report click the "sample report" button below.